[lbo-talk] In Which, At Long Last, I Ride With Mephistopheles and Faust To The East

dredmond at efn.org dredmond at efn.org
Thu Dec 4 21:14:50 PST 2008

On Thu, December 4, 2008 2:39 am, B. wrote:

> In fact, BluRay is just becoming a niche medium for wealthier
> enthusiasts

The thing about Bluray is, it has a smaller laser wavelength and enables the storage of mind-boggling/tentacle-wriggling amounts of data. Normal DVDs max out at 7 GB, double-layer Bluray is already 50 GB, and Pioneer has rolled out 400 GB discs (yes, four hundred) - a cool fifty-seven times the size of a DVD. Terabyte gaming, here we come!

-- DRR