[lbo-talk] Happy 80th Birthday, Noam Chomsky

Tayssir John Gabbour tayssir.john at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 8 00:52:39 PST 2008

On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 6:59 AM, B. <docile_body at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Chomsky, on the other hand, when he's tried to do a blog (the now-defunct "Turning The Tide" blog Z-Mag tried to get him to do) or have "profiles," has ended up being underwhelming in those arenas, and he's inevitably ended them all (AFAIK).

Other people blogged for him; that is, they'd take his responses in the Z forum and make blog entries out of that.

But one thing I learned over the weekend is that his old forum responses are absolutely gone from Z's databases. And not just Chomsky's, but other peoples' very informative posts. Since the forum posts were also distributed over email, I want to help collect them from peoples' inboxes.

It feels like a mini- Library of Alexandria burned down... The advantage of LBO-talk's structure is that not only is it distributed to people by default, but also the community's more cohesive, so recovering all the posts (for a few years at least) shouldn't be a real problem.

Tayssir