[lbo-talk] zeitgeist the movie

Voyou voyou1 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 09:24:31 PST 2008

I've only seen the "addendum" film, which is largely idiotic (and borderline anti-semitic) anti-fractional-reserve-banking conspiracism. I see that the sources list for the main film ( http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/sources.htm ) involves a number of crypto-fascist usual suspects like Alex Jones, Lyndon LaRouche, and David Icke, which isn't exactly promising.

I would be interested, though, if anyone knows anything about the Venus Project, which is endorsed in the film, and appears, from its web site ( http://www.thevenusproject.com/ ), to be some kind of bizarre techno-utopian Proudhonism.

--

"The slightly richer ... eat in semi-darkness, preferring

candles to electricity. These candles make me laugh. All the

electricity belongs to the bourgeoisie, yet they eat by

candle-end. They have an unconscious fear of their own

electricity. They are embarrassed, like the sorcerer who has

called up spirits he is unable to control."

-- Vladimir Mayakovsky http://blog.voyou.org/ voyou at voyou.org