[lbo-talk] Che Che Che

randy geurts nosatisfaction at comcast.net
Fri Dec 12 06:34:38 PST 2008

Dennis Perrin wrote:
> Just read A.O. Scott's review of "Che" in the Times....
> based on this leakage by someone who's clearly antagonistic to
> Che, the Cuban revolution, etc., that Steven Soderbergh made a really
> good film

Wuh? Not another ham-fisted remake? No cameos by George Clooney's dimpled rear? Are we sure he SS isn't slapping his name on some talented unknown's work (a la Jeff Koons)? I want to see his fingerprints on the negative.

In seriousness, I've been waiting to see it since it was shown at Cannes. Back then the editing wasn't complete--ias I recall--and it was shown as two separate films w/intermission. I understand it still is. For SS its inventive solution, and fine for DVD but theatrically unfriendly. Hopefully it doesn't spell box office poison.

And still no torrents for it....

Rg