[lbo-talk] Catholicism, was Re: blacks about as morally conservative as Republicans

martin mschiller at pobox.com
Fri Dec 12 16:18:12 PST 2008

On Dec 12, 2008, at 4:05 PM, andie nachgeborenen wrote:

> I think that for complicated reasons that are hard to spell out, the
> abortion debate really is about, most narrowly, women's rights to
> self-determination and the defensibility (or not) of patriarchy, and
> more broadly about whether you're on the right or the left, to put
> it crudely.

Quite simply, the abortion debate should be about reducing abortion, because that's 'their' argument. And the only way to determine the effectiveness of your efforts is to have abortion widely and freely available without stigma.

I think I heard a blib on public radio the other day that reported on a press release or position paper of some midwestern evangelical sect that mirrored this position.

martin