[lbo-talk] Lenin's Tomb on Greenwash, Blackmail and the Green Movement's Failure to Wake Up and Smell the Capitalism

James Heartfield Heartfield at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Dec 13 16:41:45 PST 2008

Lenin's Tomb crows: "I direct your attention to an excellent post about congestion pricing over at 'Lenin's Tomb', written by guest contributor Dave S"

But it is a bit late in the day to oppose the Congestion Charge *after* it has been voted down by four fifths of Mancunians. Some of us have been opposing this attack on working class mobility since it was first introduced in London by Ken Livingstone. (see http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/2002/2002-August/020657.html)

Furthermore, your contributor's post is not excellent at all, but shares the same vicious loathing of commuting that motivates the Congestion Charge - rather suggesting that your late discovery of a principle of opposing a flat rate tax is just window dressing as you rush to catch up with the popular opposition to this authoritarian measure.

And read my GREEN CAPITALISM: Manufacturing Scarcity in an Age of Abundance (Mute, 2008) for a real expose of the profiteering agenda of the environmentalists. http://www.amazon.com/GREEN-CAPITALISM-Manufacturing-scarcity-abundance/dp/1906496102