[lbo-talk] Chickens and unfertilized eggs (was Catholicism, was Re: blacks about...

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 14 19:16:57 PST 2008

You're wasting your time Chris. Shane can post that "Only since the late 20th century, when henhouses became factories and roosters became friers, has there existed such a thing as a presumptively *unfertilized* egg."; something which is demonstrably incorrect but he then flails about with misdirections about abortion and what is or isn't kosher. The kosher issue is something I never attempted to address as I admit to complete ignorance as well as complete indifference as to what is and isn't kosher. I've also learned not to get too involved in abortion debates on this list since it is rarely, if ever, fruitful. I only posted about his incorrect information concerning poultry, nothing more. The idea that no one ever presumed their hens eggs eggs were not fertilized before 1900 is absolutely daft. Far easier to just let Shane "win" his round. That seems to be his primary motive for posting, demonstrating his superior knowledge, rather than attempting to dialogue. Maybe I'm wrong but that's the feeling I get from his posts anyway.

Do they still sell items with Stalin's image on them in Moscow? Years ago I got a flask with some sort of military medal looking enameled piece on it that had Stalin's image with a gold star and bright red enameled background. I have a friend who wants one like it so if you know of someplace in Moscow where I can order one or one that is similar in design and have it shipped to the US I'd appreciate it.

John Thornton