[lbo-talk] Duck! Twice!

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 15 12:05:43 PST 2008

wrobert at uci.edu wrote:
> For some reason, it made me think about the Kruschev incident at the
> United Nations. I had always dreamed of working that one into a meeting I
> was attending, but I don't have those kind of moves. robert wood

Neither did Nikita apparently. Khrushchev's son Sergei claimed it never happened and apparently any attempts to find photos or film all come up empty. Interviews with persons there conflict on all the major points to the degree that they have to be considered extremely unreliable. Also many people in attendance claim it didn't happen. I thought the story was now considered unlikely to be true since it is certainly not supported by any evidence.

John Thornton