[lbo-talk] Towards a New WPA, was Re: Roubini/labor market stats

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Mon Dec 15 17:08:08 PST 2008

``Who cares if it's a bad idea...'' snag

------

That was SA's quote not mine. And as Doug reminded me, the point was defining how to count underemployment, not what to do with bad violinists. A detail I missed because I hadn't gone through the previous thread on Roubini..

I was just riffting off into the blue over the WPA.

Anyway, great you want take an art class. Just a suggestion, having taken many of the damned things myself. Try a live figure drawing class with open sessions, i.e. no attendance, no grades. Those were always the best ones for me. What to draw was right in front of me. Besides you get to see naked people all you want, or don't as the case may be. The instructors, if their any good know beginners are afraid of the model, so they try to introduce the way, carefully and slowly.

Maybe your mother was looking out for you. Look at me. I defied my my mother, worked my through eight and half years and got turned into a mechanic for the rest of life as punishment... Don't fuck with Capitalism.

CG