[lbo-talk] Fucking white assholes, kiss my ass

Dwayne Monroe dwayne.monroe at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 05:52:21 PST 2008

Chris Doss, reacting to James Hearfield, wrote:

Well, that was a little over the top.

More than a little.

It's a perfect example of something that drives me absolutely batty about list-life: the shit handed thread hijack.

Chuck Grimes has been studying Strauss for a while, investigating the man's history and milieu and his influence on present troubles. It's a personal work in progress he's been good and open enough to share with the list.

It's fine to disagree with this or that interpretation; that's how you get a good discussion going and actually learn a thing or two.

But to just shit on it as if Grimes is a random asshole...to completely miss the point and replace it with some bizarre comparison of which group has supposedly done more for social justice (as if world history can be sensibly described or understood this way) robs both Chuck and the list of the discussion we should be having.

Instead, we waste time dealing with yet another outburst by yet another spleeny rude-growing popinjay.

And it's a pity because James; you actually have quite a few interesting things to say. I've enjoyed your essays and ordered your book on Green Capitalism. But then you go and do some shit like this and make me regret it all.

.d.

http://monroelab.net/blog/