[lbo-talk] Fucking white assholes, kiss my ass

Dwayne Monroe dwayne.monroe at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 08:51:01 PST 2008

James Heartfield wrote:

<snip>

After a couple of lame sentences, Chuck abandons any attempt to talk about Strauss' ideas, saying: "feel free to correct the detail on the OT, Spinoza and Aristotle. I got very bored reading this stuff. It was a labor of loathing and it was several years ago"

And then the real post starts, with a rant about the short, fat Jew who nobody dates.

[...]

Here's the problem James: you apparently think this is Grimes' first and only post on Strauss and interpret Chuck's words to be the extent of his thinking on the topic. In fact, it's only the latest in a very long series. The first post came in 2003 when the Bush administration's self-satisfied chatter about preemptive war and the sudden, ubiquitous media appearance of the so-called neocons inspired many of us to ask questions about their intellectual history.

I'm sure his most recent post is light on details because Chuck reasonably assumed most of his readers followed his investigation's progress over the years and would give him the benefit of the doubt. I know I did. I'm sure I'm not alone.

A search of the LBOTalk archives using Chuck Grimes + Strauss returns this:

<http://search.lbo-talk.org/search/swish.cgi?query=chuck+grimes+%2B+strauss&submit=Search!&metaname=swishdefault&sort=unixdate>

Here's what I believe to be the first post from April, 2003:

"Know Your Enemy"

<http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/2003/2003-April/011436.html>

Needless to say, many threads come and go. It's not possible to be aware of them all. Often, someone will post a contribution to a long discussion with a lot of list history and people who know nothing about the thread or topic's background will jump in. Usually to make a harsh comment based entirely on a misunderstanding.

.d.