[lbo-talk] tightening the belt

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 17 20:30:14 PST 2008

John Thornton wrote:

"She doesn't worry that she might have to hire an aid."

John,

Well, "Alexandra Penney" did write this in that Daily Beast piece:

*"I'd imagined living out my so-called 'Golden Years' working on my art, living in my east side apartment, and god forbid having to hire an aide should I ever need one."*

The "GOD FORBID HAVING TO HIRE AN AID SHOULD I EVER NEED ONE" part just threw me for a loop. She also worries about pedicures and hair colorings, which sets off my b.s. detector.

It's like Amity Shlaes' whining that the New Deal's TVA unfairly crowded out private enterprises that were just waiting to come in and provide power, but FDR denied them the chance. :~((((((((((( Play me the world's smallest....

-B.