[lbo-talk] class hatred (was tightening the belt)

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 18 07:47:29 PST 2008

dredmond at efn.org wrote:
> On Wed, December 17, 2008 10:54 pm, Bill Bartlett wrote:
>

>> Class hatred is beneath my dignity.
>>

> I've always felt class hatred is the essence of human dignity. Not the
> shallow, bogus hatred, which is nothing but disguised envy, but a deep
> repugnance and loathing of capital and its proxies.
>
> -- DRR

Maybe Bill hasn't spent any real quality time with the enemy? Dennis Redmond is correct, class hatred is an expression of human dignity. Don't forget Bill, the vast majority of the rich hate you already without ever having met you. Why not return the favor? The Ian Bone piece was fun. The rich are generally loathsome. Their sense of entitlement is nearly unbelievable and their sense of superiority even more so. Fuck Alexandra Penny, fuck Bernie Madoff, fuck John Paulson, fuck Dennis Coleman, fuck the lot of them. A bonfire of the 5000 wealthiest people would be a fine sight. I'll bring the marshmallows.

John Thornton