[lbo-talk] Meyerson: Hilda Solis is "great"

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Dec 18 14:26:21 PST 2008

On Dec 18, 2008, at 5:15 PM, joseph noonan wrote:

> And he has invited the gay bashing abortion foe Rick Warren to give
> the blessing at his inauguration. It was disgusting enough that he
> went to the guy's church for a Q&A while running, bit inviting this
> fuckhead to speak?

Funny. Time was that you could count on Dems to pursue neoliberal economic policies and an imperialist foreign policy - but they'd soften the blow for the PMC liberals by being kind to queers and such. No longer. The New York State Senate is run by Dems for the first time in a generation, and they decide no same-sex marriage. Now this. The most frustrating thing is that I can't even say "I told you so" on this stuff.

Doug