[lbo-talk] BHO defends Rick Warren

Dorene Cornwell dorenefc at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 20:16:11 PST 2008

Considering Obama's own pronouncements, you were expecting whom, maybe Bishop Spong?

This is a preemptive strike so the gays don't get all uppity about gay marriage the way they did about gays in the military early in the Clinton era.

Of course, if Obama were wanting to actually be more inclusive, he could have done what happened at one of the marches leading up to the WTO protests: the crowd was prayed over by Buddhists. It was blessed by a rabbi and I think a Methodist and someone from the Native American tradition. Then Catholics, Lutherans, an imam. Pretty much anyone who could fondle rosary beads, wear something clerical, burn sage or waft incense blessed the crowd over and over every which way to Wednesday and back again a couple times. We could always imagine what something like that would do to the inauguration....