[lbo-talk] New School occupied

J T. Ramsay blackmail at blackmailismylife.com
Fri Dec 19 04:15:05 PST 2008

We came close to doing something like this around the time Kerrey had his Vietnam revelation. We mustered a few protests, talked a lot about Mobilization, which was considered the great reform moment in New School history, and then it kind of fizzled out when the actual process of unionizing grad students got tricky (i.e. UAW leaflet bombing and dividing our organization efforts against those they were doing at NYU.) James is right that everyone would be on break now, which makes me wonder who is actually occupying the space and what schools they are from predominantly. I mean, I doubt the Parsons students are spearheading this effort, though I could be wrong.

I'm surprised that the faculty was able to finally agree that Kerrey was effing with their mojo, and that it rated an article in the Times. It only took eight years.