[lbo-talk] The Liberal Morality: Shtum on Atrocities

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Mon Dec 29 09:13:08 PST 2008

All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume.

If you assume that there is no hope, you guarantee that there will be no hope. If, however, you assume that there is an instinct for freedom and opportunities to change things, there is a chance that you may contribute to making a better world. That is your choice.

[Both from Chomsky. --CGE]