[lbo-talk] The Liberal Morality: Shutm on Atrocities

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Mon Dec 29 09:50:22 PST 2008

My local peace group is spending the next few days playing "poker for peace" at a nearby bowling alley. No word in their fundraising appeal about Gaza. I've emailed them to ask why, but have yet to receive an answer.

When I was active with this group, to the degree one could be, I was amazed at the utter lack of political sophistication and ignorance of geopolitical realities. They were, like, into peace, man -- peace signs, tie-dye, gray ponytails, Birkenstocks, the whole central casting number. Mention Palestine and most would avert their eyes. Iraq was hard enough to process.

Dennis