[lbo-talk] a call from Iran

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Fri Feb 1 16:49:42 PST 2008

On Fri, 1 Feb 2008, Doug Henwood wrote:

> Wow, not sure how this fits into my "When I get calls from
> journalists, the markets are near a bottom" model. I just got a call
> from an English-language radio station in Tehran. They wanted to know
> about subprime, the Fed, and the impact on the presidential race.
> Who'd've guessed?

Yay for the archives! It's not hard to see how this must have happened. You've done several great interviews with Iranian ex-pats. The links got passed around, they found your page, and they've been listening to your stuff! You're now the thinking Iranian's Voice of America :o)

You guys should set up a joint program of co-interviews: you'll explain America to them if they'll explain Iran to us. The questions will be as interesting as the answers.

Mcihael