[lbo-talk] Save the Doodle!

Jesse Lemisch utopia1 at attglobal.net
Sat Feb 2 15:11:23 PST 2008

No, I can't imagine fighting for the Yankee Doodle. But I have participated in related struggles on the upper West Side of Manhattan, sometimes successfully, e.g. fighting to keep an excellent neighborhood pharmacy going against rent increases. But I keep telling my comrades in such struggles that we will fight this again and again, up and down Broadway, unless the struggle is politicized around seeking commercial rent control (which was even part of Ruth Messinger's program.)

What's your solution to the chainification of the neighborhoods?

Jesse Lemisch

----- Original Message ----- From: "Doug Henwood" <dhenwood at panix.com> To: "lbo-talk" <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Saturday, February 02, 2008 3:20 PM Subject: [lbo-talk] Save the Doodle!