[lbo-talk] Save the Doodle!

Mr. WD mister.wd at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 07:51:04 PST 2008

On Feb 2, 2008 6:11 PM, Jesse Lemisch <utopia1 at attglobal.net> wrote:

> What's your solution to the chainification of the neighborhoods?

I would _love_ to be mistaken on this, but IIRC isn't it the case that -- on the whole -- service sector chains compensate their employees better than independent service sector enterprises? Charm and variety are important, sure, but ultimately I have to say I'd prefer a Starbucks in my neighborhood over an independent place if Starbucks pays its employees better wages and offers better benefits.

-WD