[lbo-talk] "Cooling It! No Hair Shirt Solutions to Global Warming" now available as a free download

Gar Lipow the.typo.boy at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 13:32:14 PST 2008

"Cooling It: No Hair Shirt Solutions to Global Warming" an optimistic book about a gloomy subject - the need to reduce fossil fuel use to fight global warming - is now available as a free download at http://www.nohairshirst.com. It argues that we have technological substitutes available for oil, gas and coal now - at market prices comparable to those we currently pay. Neither cost nor technical barriers prevent drastic and speedy reductions in greenhouse emissions; slowing global warming is a structural, institutional, social, and political -- not a technical one.

Leading experts such as Patrick Mazza (Reseach Director for Climate Solutions), Dr. Joseph Romm, (Executive Director of The Center for Energy & Climate Solutions), Eric Heitz, (President of The Energy Foundation) all recommend this book for its careful research, technical detail and compelling writing. If you want to know how we can increase efficiency enough to buy more expensive renewables, and still keep overall energy costs the same, download a copy. (Print copies are also available at a reasonable cost, but the files are designed to easily let you print your own.)