[lbo-talk] Neo-Realism: Chapter 2

Cassiopeoa DeVine cassiopeoa at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 3 14:34:25 PST 2008

> This sounds like the 'right to work' without the right to strike. Our
> working (childbearing and rearing) conditions are directly related to our
> ability to withhold that work, no? How many generations are we supposed to
> 'keep humanity going' before we demand that change for the better?
>
> Jenny Brown

In saying 'keep humanity going' I meant not the current societal conditions we live under but rather change them in raising our children in an open, conscious way - having children and thereby changing society as it is even if the current conditions are not ideal to do so. For if we would refuse to have children (strike) then there very soon would be no society that could be changed for the better. I did not oppose in any way the "demand" to change right now, but I think it to be unrealistic to want to have it tomorrow... A whole societal system (which spans the world) - imho - cannot be changed over night.

Cass