[lbo-talk] I hope you all vote(d) for Obama

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Tue Feb 5 10:43:21 PST 2008

On Feb 5, 2008, at 1:19 PM, Jordan Hayes wrote:

> Jenny Brown asks:
>
>> How is forcing people to pay for private insurance that may
>> or may not cover you an improvement over not doing so?
>
> I suppose we could ask the same about things like Auto Liability
> Insurance[*] and Workers Compensation Insurance?

This is a careless fallacy. Both types of *liability* insurance have to be compulsory in order to protect third parties against your own fault. What possible reason is there to compel a Christian Scientist or a Seventh-Day Adventist to buy personal medical insurance?

Shane Mage

"Thunderbolt steers all things...it consents and does not consent to be called Zeus."

Herakleitos of Ephesos