[lbo-talk] Naomi Klein Goes Daft

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Tue Feb 5 18:28:38 PST 2008

On Feb 5, 2008 4:40 PM, <wrobert at uci.edu> wrote:

> I suppose you mean expropriation from white folks.. :) Robert Wood

Jerry wrote:

But I wonder is even the statement about expropriation from rich white owners completely true? I mean how do we know that a majority of the people in 1871 were not for expropriating the rich. Expropriating from the slave owners was briefly very popular at that time. ********

I'll bet a majority of the workers would answer YES to a survey question framed in this way:

As it is the case that the wealth of this society is produced by labour and appropriated by the employing class and as one percent of the families in the U.S. own more wealth than the bottom 90% of the families, are you in favour distributing the control and ownership of the wealth of society to its producers or leaving it in the hands of the capitalist and landlord classes?

Mike B)

http://www.iww.org.au/node/10 "Would you have freedom from wage-slavery.." Joe Hill http://www.iww.org/en/join

Get the name you always wanted with the new y7mail email address. www.yahoo7.com.au/y7mail