[lbo-talk] healthcare premium mandates (was I hope you allvote(d)...)

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Tue Feb 5 20:25:45 PST 2008

On Feb 5, 2008, at 10:37 PM, Jordan Hayes wrote:

>> The difference between individual insurance mandates and workers
>> comp is that individuals are not paying for workers comp,
>> employers are.
>
> *shrug*
>
> It seems to me that employees pay all of it: taxes, insurance,
> overhead,
> you name it. Employers look at the "total cost of ownership" ...

Employers pay it, because its a great deal for them. If they had to negotiate or litigate every injury caused by the working conditions they impose it would cost them a hell of a lot more.

Shane Mage

"Thunderbolt steers all things...it consents and does not consent to be called Zeus."

Herakleitos of Ephesos