[lbo-talk] Naomi Klein Goes Daft

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 09:12:38 PST 2008

On Feb 6, 2008 8:47 AM, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> But they're not really "in place." They're gone in Cambridge and
> Santa Monica, and they're going in NYC. WHere else is there rent
> control in the U.S.?

12 California cities have rent control ordinances covering buildings, while 110 cover mobile home parks. 124 New Jersey cities have rent control, as does Washington, DC. I'm sure there are others, but can't seem to find a comprehensive list online.

Regardless, you keep avoiding my question. If rent control is not popular, why has it not been abolished outright?