[lbo-talk] Gawker sees Latino, Asian, anti-Black sentiment in Obama's Super Tuesday losses

John Gulick john_gulick at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 6 11:56:33 PST 2008

Chuck Grimes sez:

Two things. First make it clear the `unity' he is talking about is working class unity Gulick (last call for alcohol and then beddy-bye) sez:

Oh me, oh my. There's that hologram thingy again. It would be par for the course for Obama to muddle liberal policies with mushy rhetoric, but it seems a bit far-fetched to hope (but wait! there's always hope! hope is what sustains us! hope is the bridge that connects the past to the future! to nourish our hopes is to honor our promises to our forebears and bequeath a better tomorrow for our children! sorry, lost my mind for a second) that he would couch nowhere policies in sharply political language. That is, from my little perch, all his hoo-hah "FOR unity" and "AGAINST division" plays upon the absurd and disabling notion that what "ails America" is a "surplus of partisanship." Well, that cliche gets it half right anyway. The US is an odd duck: polarized invective on blogs over the tiniest center-right hairsplits.

_________________________________________________________________ Climb to the top of the charts! Play the word scramble challenge with star power. http://club.live.com/star_shuffle.aspx?icid=starshuffle_wlmailtextlink_jan