[lbo-talk] last minute endorsement

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 7 06:50:15 PST 2008

tully wrote:

"But it does seem odd that there is so little talk of Ron Paul here. Many of the other lists (mostly yahoogroups) I'm on have been talking about Ron Paul for years now. But its like Ron Paul is a brand new subject here."

I've been complaining about Dr. Paul for awhile. Does that count? Can't say your answer about Ron Paul's health care plan -- i.e., there is none -- is all that inspiring. I've pointed out before the guy says he would refuse to take Medicare patients; he's simply too libertarian for that. I don't know if he gets a salary as a congressman or is privy to any govt. health plan that tens of millions of normal people lack, or if he'd extend the same government surgical training experience he got as a USAF flight surgeon to others who also wanted government help to enter their chosen professions, but if answers to these questions are like his position on Roe v. Wade -- that is, resolutely right-wing as hell -- I'm still colored unimpressed.

Honestly, though, my annoyance at the Ron Paul-o-mania of the last year has been replaced with an annoyance at the Barack-o-mania I see around me now.

-B.