[lbo-talk] The Independent: Johann Hari: Botox is destroying Hollywood stars' ability to act

cb at lim.nl cb at lim.nl
Fri Feb 8 01:42:09 PST 2008

A friend (cb at lim.nl) has sent you an article:

Johann Hari: Botox is destroying Hollywood stars' ability to act http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/johann-hari/johann-hari-botox-is-destroying-hollywood-stars-ability-to-act-779102.html For a decade now, Hollywood acting has been slowly, steadily poisoned by a bacterium called Clostridium botulinum. This week, I was watching the hypnotically horrible new Coen brothers movie, No Country For Old Men, and I couldn't shake off the sense there was something different, something thrilling and vivid, about the performances of all the lead actors: Tommy Lee Jones, Javier Bardem and Josh Brolin. It was only after half an hour of awe that I realised what it was. They can all move their faces.