[lbo-talk] Ann Coulter loses it over McCain

Charles Brown charlesb at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Fri Feb 8 06:01:41 PST 2008

"Catherine Driscoll" Man, she just cracks me up. It's rlike eally good political satire.

Then again, I also think O'Reilly is hilarious.

Distance probably helps.

^^^^ CB: She's somewhat interesting closer up, too. Hey, she went to Michigan law school !

^^^^^

it
> was "antithetical in every way to the core philosophy of
> Republicans." Really? Preventing the redefinition of a 10,000-year-
> old institution -- marriage, that is, not John McCain -- is part of
> the core philosophy of being a Republican? I had no idea.

^^^^ CB: She's not a strict Biblical constructionist on the length of time of the existence of the earth, and she's anthropologically correct on the origin of male supremacist marriage. She's a crypto- anthropological liberal

^^^^

> Of course, back in 2004, McCain was considering running on a
> presidential ticket with John Kerry. Realizing that this would not
> help his chances to run as a Republican in 2008, when he would be a
> mere 120 years old, McCain quickly withdrew his interest in being on
> Kerry's ticket.

^^^^^

CB: If all this non-conservatism is not fake, progressives might consider undermining conservativism in the Republican Party through McCain rather than trying to make the Democratic Party act progressive. McCain says he is like Reagan , but maybe he's fibbing.

^^^^^^^

> If Hillary is elected president, we'll have a four-year disaster,
> with Republicans ferociously opposing her, followed by Republicans
> zooming back into power, as we did in 1980 and 1994, and 2000. (I
> also predict more Oval Office incidents with female interns.)
>
> If McCain is elected president, we'll have a four-year disaster,
with
> the Republicans in Congress co-opted by "our" president, followed by
> 30 years of Democratic rule.

^^^^^^^^ CB: Sounds like this year's election is win-win. Geez, what an optimist Coulter is in her rational kernel. She's sort of like Hegel; just flip her over off her head (on which she is standing) onto her feet and presto, everything's coming up roses.

^^^^^^^

> There's your choice, America.

^^^

CB: Win-win. Good outcome whether Clinton or McCain wins ! God has blessed America !

> ----
>
> Ann Coulter is Legal Affairs Correspondent for HUMAN EVENTS and
> author of "High Crimes and Misdemeanors," "Slander," ""How to Talk
> a Liberal (If You Must)," "Godless," and most recently, "If
Democrats