[lbo-talk] Obama, community organizer

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun Feb 10 06:34:17 PST 2008

"Max B. Sawicky" wrote:

> Though as a matter of arithmetic, if like HRC you are committed to budget
> surpluses, there isn't much you can expect from the Federal government
> that would cost money. (The bloated DoD budget under the benign and
> possibly unwarranted expectation of no wars would be exhausted pulling
> out of Iraq and replacing all the gear that's been used up and blowed up
> and caring for the people who have been injured.)

Oh the pain of the lesser evil.

Probably FDR as of October 1932 was more conservative than either of them. You just cannot predict administrations - it depends on what people are doing _outside_ the electoral process. Nixon gave us the Disability Act & refrained from nuking Vietnam -- just because of what we did outside of the elections.

Supporting either Clinton or Obama now helps to guarantee a more conservative administration.

Carrol