[lbo-talk] Obama, community organizer

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun Feb 10 07:25:50 PST 2008

This was discussed before. In 1969 there were definite plans to nuke the Chinese installations in North Vietnam through which supplies flowed. The size an militancy of the November Moratorium demos caused Nixon to change his mind. Andie knows more about this than I do.

You are of course right in general, but the point about Nixon stands. It would have made no difference in the outcome or in policy if more more leftists had voted for Humphrey in '68 -- but what we did 'in the streets' made a contribution to saving the world.

Carrol