[lbo-talk] spending twice what you make

Wojtek Sokolowski swsokolowski at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 11 10:41:18 PST 2008

> These guys, Cox & Alm of the Dallas Fed, are serial
> hacks and
> apologists. They did some work on mobility that was

[WS:] Hackery aside, I am wondering how can so many people afford so many things they buy - expensive cars, MacMansions, electronic gadgetry, 100+ channels of expensive televised crap, shop at malls and overpriced boutiques etc. and on the top of eat out, attend expensive sporting events and so on.

I mean, I am told that I earn above the national average and yet there is no way I could afford many of those things. However, I see a lot of people around me having them. I suspect that indebtness may be a factor here (I am totally debt free, including mortgage,) but it is mind boggling.

Any explanations?

Wojtek

____________________________________________________________________________________ Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page. http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs