[lbo-talk] Obama, community organizer

Percival Myers permaceaem at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 07:06:07 PST 2008

On Feb 12, 2008 9:43 AM, Charles Brown wrote:

> A big problem with the white votes Obama is getting is a significant
> male supremacist aspect to them. A white vote for Obama is tainted if
> it is sexist. I think the data is implying that there is a significant
> chauvinist bloc in his white votes. I don't recall Dwayne saying that ,
> but it supports his discomfort with Obamania.

Speaking for myself, I think there are more than enough reasons to reject more Clintonism without addressing the gender of candidates. To imply or baldly state that too many whites are voting on strictly gender-based motives is to miss the larger point in all of this.

I see this election cycle as an exercise in futility and I'm trying to decide whether to vote at all. Is it a coincidence that the Mayan calendar also ends in 2012?

Percy