[lbo-talk] I'll be voting in TX Dem primary - who should I vote for?]

shag at cleandraws.com shag at cleandraws.com
Wed Feb 13 07:18:35 PST 2008

vote for my left nut! I weighed the matter very carefully a coupla weeks ago and I prefer the left one.

you know what bothered me Obama's speech last night. The way he emphasizes how much you have to work hard to have the american dream. he started out talking about how it could only happen in america for a guy like him to be where he was.

this is so totally a line that resonates with people of color. this summer when I read Tricia Rose's _Longing to tell_, that must have been the most oft repeated phrase in the book.

but bang, right on top of that: he got there with hard work. and you can get there, too, with hard work. that's the problem with the u.s., hard work isn't rewarded. and we aren't giving out any hand outs mind. you will get it if you work hard. you will get college tuition if you work hard. you give, and work hard at it. then we'll give you something.

*puke*

don't work too hard, B. ;p