[lbo-talk] I'll be voting in TX Dem primary - who should I vote for?

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 13 16:31:08 PST 2008

Bill O'Connor wrote:
> Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> writes:
>

>> On Feb 13, 2008, at 1:31 PM, Bill O'Connor wrote:
>>

>>> I voted against the DLC in New York.
>>>
>> I didn't know that option was on the ballot, otherwise I'd have voted.
>>

> I don't know if you're writing with tongue in cheek, or complaining that
> the ballot didn't actually state that Clinton is part of the DLC
> leadership team and Obama has repeatedly spurned their attempts to even
> include his name on their membership rolls.

This seems like rather selective memory of the events. IIRC his name was on the rolls as a DLC member for a long time and his claim of not knowing it is extremely doubtful. It is being charitable in the extreme taking his story of this misunderstanding at face value. When it was repeatedly made an issue of he eventually had his name removed but he was in absolutely no hurry to do so. His behaviour gives the appearance of wanted it both ways. To be able to deny membership when convenient but by letting his name "accidentially' remain on their rolls long after he knew it was there giving the impression he was a member when that too would be convenient.

John Thornton