[lbo-talk] I'll be voting in TX Dem primary - who should I vote for?

Voyou voyou1 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 14:30:10 PST 2008

On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 07:20:50 -0600 (CST), "Max B. Sawicky" <sawicky at verizon.net> said:
> Meanwhile, as you know a lot of people have health insurance. How viable
> do you think it is to tell them to forget about their plans, they will be
> put into a new, standardized (single payer) government plan?

Why would single-payer involve people losing their current insurance? As far as I know, that was a peculiarity of Canada's system; it's not true of the British NHS, or in France or, as far as I know, the rest of Western Europe. The important thing is to force everyone to buy into the government-provided health care system; allowing people to buy private insurance as well doesn't conflict with that.

--

"Why must man's vocation always be to distinguish

himself from animals?" http://blog.voyou.org/ -- Baudrillard