[lbo-talk] U.S. split on "socialized medicine": poll

shag shag at cleandraws.com
Thu Feb 14 18:10:29 PST 2008

At 05:05 PM 2/14/2008, Doug Henwood wrote:

>On Feb 14, 2008, at 4:51 PM, Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:
>
> > http://www.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idUSN1444801720080214
>
>This is an amazing spontaneous level of support (45-39) for the
>undefined and presumably radioactive term "socialized medicine." With
>an actual movement and actual political leadership, these numbers
>could change dramatically. The Dem candidates are consciously and
>deliberately not talking about this sort of thing, yet trying to
>appeal to an underlying sensibility with the word "universal."

i take it from the lack of response that there is no actual group or effort to start something -- concerted political action to ensure that we get single payer?

if not, then I propose this: I'll work on this in my locale, who's going to join me. Let's get this party started -- and do it for Carl!

Somebody come up with a Carlism we can sloganize!

i know i usually fuck around, but i'm dead serious about this.

shag (the artist formerly known as bitch)