[lbo-talk] Joshua Gen (was: at least he's black!)

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 15 13:43:28 PST 2008

At 01:20 PM 2/15/2008, the artist formerly known as bitch wrote:

>can someone enlighten? this is the same term applied to dead guy on a
>stick fundamentalists and evangelicals who are sending kids to private
>schools and then to private xtian colleges like regents university. joshua
>generation initiave or some such horse shittery.
>
>why Joshua Gen?
>
>What does the dead guy on a stick cult use of it have to do with Obama's
>use of it?
>
>shag

Joshua was the protege of Moses. So Obama's generation is to MLK's as Joshua was to Moses.

Here's Obama:

“I didn’t have to go to jail. I haven’t had my head beat in ­ haven’t had dogs and fire hoses set on me. So I’m benefiting from what the Moses generation did. . . . The question is whether the Joshuas among us are willing to stand up, are willing to be counted, are willing to vote, are willing to organize, are willing to mobilize, are willing to get going.”

This is from Exodus:

24:12 And the LORD said unto Moses, Come up to me into the mount, and be there: and I will give thee tables of stone, and a law, and commandments which I have written; that thou mayest teach them.

24:13 And Moses rose up, and his minister Joshua

http://www.jesus-is-lord.com/02_exod.htm