[lbo-talk] at least he's black!

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Feb 19 10:01:21 PST 2008

On Feb 19, 2008, at 12:35 PM, Marvin Gandall wrote:

> I dunno. A quick hit on Google brought up this list, suggesting
> otherwise.
> Someone intent on getting active around the issue should be able to
> plug in
> somewhere.
>
> http://www.uhcan.org/index.php?
> option=com_content&task=view&id=47&Itemid=53

There's a lot of crap on that list, hidden behind the word "universal." E.g.:

<http://www.sharedprosperity.org/bp180.html> (Campaign for America's Future)

<http://www.americanprogress.org/projects/healthprogress/ reformfaq.html#4>

<http://www.afscme.org/issues/74.cfm> (and links from that page)

> A new universal system could incorporate a unified, single-payer
> approach or a series of inter-related public and private programs.

<http://www.americansforhealthcare.org> (SEIU)

This site says things are pretty bad but as far as I can tell has nothing on offer, which isn't a surprise coming from SEIU.

Doug