[lbo-talk] Truly thou art damned, like an ill-roasted egg, all on one side

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Feb 19 13:07:27 PST 2008

On Feb 19, 2008, at 3:58 PM, Shane Mage wrote:

> Doug, you and many others on these lists have pointed out all the
> "positions," "advisers." and "roused rabble" that are supposed to make
> Barack Obama as totally unsupportable as Frau Clinton. So, from those
> believing that, one would expect calls for Ralph Nader (the only non-
> Dumbocrat capable of mounting a meaningful third-party campaign) to
> enter the race and pledges of active support. Instead a possible
> Nader campaign
> is treated as a "stupid topic" (until someone discovers that Nader is
> "even more dangerous" than Obama). Interesting.

It's stupid because we've been through it twice before. Ralph and what army will change the USA? What "third party"? What party does Ralph have, besides his party of one? He had an opportunity to build a party in 1996, and he didn't. He mighta coulda even done so in 2000, as reviled as he was. Now what is he but an interesting but annoying gadfly with an admirable history as a consumer advocate now long behind him?

Doug