[lbo-talk] Guy tried what Ehrenreich did in Nickel & Dimed, finds it's no problem, doesn't know what big deal is

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 20 05:49:51 PST 2008

Sorry, did I say he had $2,500 US in savings? I mean "almost $5,000"(!!!). In 10 months. Plus a pickup and and an apartment. His next job, I bet, will be on the motivational speaker circuit.

Interestingly, he did use food stamps along the way. If he "really" didn't need them, isn't that sorta ... fraud-y?

-B.

B. wrote:

"Yeah, no kidding, he was still basically poor overall, but going from $25 in your pocket to having a car, apartment, and $2,500 (!) in a savings account within 10 months."