[lbo-talk] Obama & the white guys

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Wed Feb 20 10:47:37 PST 2008

Wojtek writes:

> All I see is people making choices
> and expressing opinions - and not that many of those
> who I've met can be considered racist in any
> meaningful way.

I guess we'll just have to consider all doctors who work in emergency rooms to be individual racists then.

http://www.insidebayarea.com/argus/oped/ci_8092948

THIS MONTH, researchers reported in the Journal of the American Medical Association that nonwhites are less likely than whites to receive narcotic painkillers - or opioids - when they arrive in pain at emergency departments.

The claim was solidly supported by analyses of more than 150,000 pain-related visits to US emergency rooms between 1993 and 2005.

[ ... ]