[lbo-talk] Lawmaker Wants Gay-Talk Banned From Classroom

BklynMagus magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Thu Feb 21 11:04:47 PST 2008

> Most forms of regressive, reactionary politics have deep roots in a distorted envy of the oppressed.

So gaybashers envy me for freely accepting being a man and opting for dick instead of pussy? I guess so. But don't increases in gay men reduce competition?

> The British had all these Orientalist fantasies when they were plundering India, the US had similar fantasies of Asiania when bombing Vietnam, etc.

But they wanted to fulfill these fantasies and conquer the object of their desires. Gaybashers do not want to conjoin with cock. They want to eliminate/control what offends them. In some ways it is both more straightforward and more complex.

Do any het males on the list who felt homophobia as a youth/young adult remember secretly wanting to engage in sex with another man? Men I have spoken to that have owned up to homophobic feelings have said they do not recall any same sex desires (which they said they would not be ashamed of admitting).

> Some of us men learn to resist that violence, or were lucky enough to have
parents/guardians/mentors/life experiences which taught us to critique our own patriarchal privilege.

Maybe being queer is an automatic critique of patriarchal privilege and defuses violent teachings/tendencies.

> I'll be the first to admit I only began to comprehend the full depth of my own whiteness and imperial/male privilege until I met my (non-American) partner.

Maybe every man needs to bond with a queer as soon as possible to speed up the process of comrehension.

Brian