[lbo-talk] Obama/Clinton

John Adams jadams01 at sprynet.com
Sat Feb 23 08:33:44 PST 2008

On Feb 22, 2008, at 3:47 PM, shag wrote:

> Oh my god. I am becoming Sally in the deli in Harry Met Sally and I'm
> breaking out into orgasmic song:
>
> We are the world, we are the children
> We are the ones who make a brighter day
> so let's start giving
> There's a choice we're making
> We're saving our own lives
> It's true we'll make a better day
> Just you and me
>
> *pant**pant*

As is so often the case, Randy Newman has something important to say on this matter. It really must be heard to get the full impact, but still.

From _Faust_:

http://www.randynewman.com/tocdiscography/disc_faust/tocdiscography/ disc_faust/lyricsfaust#blessthechildrenoftheworld

Bless The Children Of The World

Sometimes you know I think that I Will surely go insane Got suicide and murder Runnin' in and out my brain I dream of love, I dream of hate I dream of death and pain But no matter how I try The dream remains the same The same

All the little piggies Up against the wall All the little piggies 'gainst the wall ('Gainst the wall) One little piggie Catch a bullet and he falls Now there's one less piggie 'gainst the wall ('Gainst the wall) Next little piggie Gets a bullet in the eye (Bullet in the eye) Last little piggie Falls to his knees and cries 'Cause he's blown away blown away Blown away

Bless the children of the world Give us all a chance to grow and live Give us all you have to give Bless the children of the world

Bless the children of the world We're the one's who'll have to carry on Even though all hope is gone Bless the children of the world

All we need is understanding A sign to show us that you care It isn't love that we're demanding Just be there

Bless the children of the world All we want is just to live our life All we ask is to be free Let it be Bless the children of the world Please bless us Bless the children Bless us Bless the children of the world