[lbo-talk] Samantha Power (PS)

John Gulick john_gulick at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 24 08:26:29 PST 2008

CD says:

China and Russia aren't even on the same map as far as political systems go. They're both capitalist with substantial state ownership and economically booming, but that's about it.

JG responds:

Well, I agree. But that in and of itself doesn't preclude a deepening of the Sino-Russian strategic partnership. (Incidentally, I have come to believe that said partnership is largely bluff and fluff... although Washington DC seems to take it rather seriously.)

But what inquiring minds really want to know: what did you make of the human rights atrocity that was the Klitschko-Ibragimov "fight"?

_________________________________________________________________ Shed those extra pounds with MSN and The Biggest Loser! http://biggestloser.msn.com/