[lbo-talk] crises kill

Paul Papadeas papadeas13 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 26 13:08:07 PST 2008

Permaculture, flash mobs, occupation of school or unionizing, work with Food Not Bombs, pirate radio, street news...

There are still so many things to actually do versus merely passively consuming a spectacle.

Eric <rayrena at realtime.net> wrote:

>She said she didn't envy my age (who would?), but that I was around when
>punk first hit, and was old enough to remember the hippies, etc. Today, it's
>all rehash. I can see her point, kinda.

When I was fifteen, in 1984, I was sad because I'd missed it all too. But then I found out about the Minutemen, Husker Du, William Gaddis, etc. Just today I heard new, good songs by the Magnetic Fields, Joseph K, and Scout Niblett & Will Oldham. Shit still happens while teenagers mope. ___________________________________ http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/mailman/listinfo/lbo-talk

--------------------------------- Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.