[lbo-talk] i am *so* not a liberal

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Feb 27 16:33:25 PST 2008

Chuck Grimes wrote:

> So I agree, Obama or Clinton could say, ``...you can say my policies are
> popular and good, so eff your labels.''
>
> Beyond the fact that I think they are both chicken shit to say
> something like that to the right, I also suspect they are both
> ignorant.

No! This is terrible. They may well know more about these policies than you do, Chuck, and that knowledge is their reason for avoiding the label "liberal." Your hopes are their fears.

_Never_ underestimate either the intelligence or the courage of major DP politicians. They are not ignorant, and they are courageous enough to risk defeat rather than risk another uprising such as the '60s.

Carrol