[lbo-talk] Buckley: Gay? (Was: Vidal's Infamous Esquire Piece)

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Fri Feb 29 13:14:16 PST 2008

On Friday 29 February 2008 15:08:46 Dennis Perrin wrote:
> Vidal's take on his and WFB's crypto-Nazi/queer flap from
> the September1969 Esquire.
>
> <http://web.archive.org/web/20070624152559/http://www.columbia.edu/~tdk3/vidalesquire69.html>

Wotta riot. Vidal really is a national treasure.

Vidal's piece artfully re-evoked my old prurient curiosity about Buckley himself. One can easily be wrong about these matters, of course, but every time I see a clip of the guy I think to myself, he's *gotta* be gay. Surely there's some gossip on the subject that somebody knows?